Medica’s Individual and Family business (IFB) segment is responsible for product development, and product management for direct to the individual health insurance plans offered by Medica. This business segment has been in a rapid growth cycle that doubled the number of members in these products making this one of the fastest-growing lines of business at Medica for the past five years. Starting in 2013, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) dramatically altered the individual health insurance market. The IFB product team is responsible for developing, implementing and managing products for this line of business.
Reporting to the Director of Product Development, this team member will be a key contributor to growth in product offerings as Medica expands to new geographies and continues to evaluate new market opportunities. The product manager works collaboratively with a team of 8 product team peers and leaders to introduce new product offerings, evaluate product effectiveness, and incorporate community feedback from members, providers. This is an exciting opportunity to bring together both internal and external feedback to shape the future of IFB offerings.
Medica is a non-profit health plan that serves communities in Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas,Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota and Wisconsin — the heart of America. As a company, we empower communities by listening to their voices, learning about community needs, and devoting time and resources to help. Our values include Customer Focus, Excellence, Stewardship Integrity & Diversity.
Medica partners with the communities it serves in many ways, including the Medica Foundation, a nonprofit, charitable grant-making foundation. The Medica Foundation, which provides more than $1 million in grants annually, generally seeks to fund community-based
programs and initiatives that can provide sustainable, measurable improvements in the availability, access and quality of health care.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Our IFB Product Manager is responsible for the development and management of market competitive and developing, implementing and managing a portfolio of products/programs offerings by overseeing market research and regulatory requirements, defining product requirements/features, designing overall customer experience along with managing the product performance life cycle will be critical functions for this role. The product manager is also highly involved with internal team member product education. This individual
may also interact with regulatory bodies for assigned states/products. Annually, this team is scheduled to complete a number of new product launch and renewal activities in addition to ongoing compliance implementations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCES
- Full Product lifecycle experience to include product strategy and development through implementation and delivery to market required
- 5 or more years of relevant industry or work experience ideally in a services or healthcare environment
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Business Development preferred, or related field; equivalent combination of education and work experience will also be considered
- Health Plan product experience strongly preferred
TRAITS, SKILLS, & ABILITIES IMPORTANT TO THE WORK
- Experience with business development, communications, or marketing experience
- Experience using market data to develop business cases
- Experience managing cross-functional teams (including external vendors) resulting in successful product implementation, often under tight deadlines that cannot be missed
- Experience in implementing regulations, contract provisions and best practice standards
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with sr. leadership andc ross-functional teams to successfully develop and deliver products to market
- Demonstrated interest in pulling, analyzing, and presenting market intelligence
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work with management to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Self-starter, with the ability to maneuver through ambiguity and develop business solutions
- Team-oriented and outcomes-based
- Excellent computer proficiency (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Word)
The above statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically
addressed in this description.
This position will be based out of our headquarters in Minnetonka, Minnesota, however, we are open to remote employment within our service states which include: Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri or Oklahoma; candidates that may reside outside of these states are also encouraged to apply.
Medica is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all identities, experiences, orientations, and communities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.