kpCompanies is leading the search for the Vice-President of Information Technology for The Minneapolis Foundation.
The Vice President of IT will be a culturally competent leader, who is mission focused and able to demonstrate a deep commitment to the Foundation’s values. In this role you will create, shape, execute, and maintain IT strategies by managing staff and supporting the ongoing needs of The Minneapolis Foundation. In this key position, you will be responsible for researching and implementing strategic solutions to bring the organization forward in its use of technology applications for data security, operational efficiency, reliability, and ease of use for both stakeholders and employees.
Since 1915, The Minneapolis Foundation has been bringing together people, ideas, and resources to improve lives, locally and globally. The Foundation sparks positive change in the community in three ways:
- Administering charitable funds that enable individuals, families, and businesses to support causes they are passionate about.
- Investing unrestricted grant making resources in programs and initiatives that are aligned with its vision — a greater Minneapolis that is vibrant, inclusive, and positioned to thrive locally and compete globally.
- Researching, convening, advocating, and helping shape public policy around issues critical to the current and future vitality of the community. Last year, the Foundation and donors invested over $100 million in programs and services that change lives and strengthen community.
The Minneapolis Foundation drives collective action to realize strong, vibrant communities. We cultivate generosity by taking action on the greatest civic, social, and economic needs—partnering with nonprofits, facilitating grantmaking, driving research and advocacy, and providing services to donors seeking to make a difference in their communities. The majority of Donor Advised Funds and unrestricted grants are invested in seven areas: Economic Mobility, Civic Leadership, Climate and Environment, Health and wellness, Art & Culture, Education and Criminal Justice
Reporting to the COO & Sr. VP of Strategy, The Vice President of Information Technology will collaborate with colleagues to identify, plan, coordinate manage and communicate high-impact, cross-functional technology initiatives that will: improve metrics and decision-making, accelerate throughput, improve quality, ensure data security, and enable scalability at The Minneapolis Foundation.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and drive short and long-term strategic plans to ensure IT services and infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Build and maintain vendor management relationships to manage expectations of service, work products, service levels, performance, and data security.
- Work with the IT team and the organization to create plans for accomplishing objectives and a strategy that complies with professional standards and address business risks inherent to the engagements.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, technologies, services, and standards in support of all Systems, IT Services and Infrastructure procurement and development.
- Develop, manage, and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, evaluation, and strategy including Desktop (PC/Windows/Microsoft), Servers, Network, Phone (Apple/Android), Database, Mobile (multiple devices), Security, etc.
- Provide leadership, direction and support of a data management practice which aligns and delivers on organizational objectives.
- Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Provide coaching, mentorship, and leadership to one direct report, IT Technology Support Specialist
- Manage all established and implement new vendor relationships as needed to achieve the organizations technology goals.
- Accomplish information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Partner in recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- As co-lead of the Results Team, this individual will lead cross-functional teams to drive results, improve efficiency and advance technical that move the organization’s system of project and portfolio management forward.
- Report progress of enterprise portfolio status to Leadership Team
Technology Leadership & Advocacy
- Design, implement and manage security strategy, protecting company intellectual property, and customer privacy.
- Preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Conduct or participate in enterprise risk assessments; design and/or implement recommendations for improvement as necessary.
- Establish policies and best practices for controls, compliance, and risk mitigation.
- Ensure all 3rd party vendors comply with all policies for compliance and risk mitigation
- Provide internal advocacy and staff education for implementation of new tools and technology that will bring the organization forward in key areas of metrics and decision-making, accelerate throughput, improve quality, ensure data security, and enable scalability
- Sustain leading-edge approach to technology. Be able to look at a need objectively and be willing to look at what we have and make it better.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate business needs and bring technical solutions to relevant internal stakeholders proactively
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of success in the creation, design, and implementation of hardware and software technology solutions that support business continuity, data security, growth, reliability, operational efficiency, and relationship management with both internal and external stakeholders. The most qualified candidates for this position will demonstrate expertise in change management as new tools and technology processes are implemented across the organization. Top candidates for this role will be adept at building or partnering with vendors to build APIs or custom integrations with key enterprise systems to maximize the benefits of a core ERM system (iPhi CoreEnterprise experience is a huge plus) while leveraging new emerging technology solutions or services that help specific teams achieve their goals (i.e. Email marketing, advertising, data and BI reporting, customer portals, payment processing, CRM software, etc.).
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, TRAITS, & ABILITIES
- 10 or more years of IT functional leadership including direct management of both staff of at least one team member and vendor relationships
- 5 or more years of experience with managing the administration of critical IT infrastructure including operating systems, risk management, business intelligence, and IT policy creation and application
- 5 or more years of experience with ITIL processes and ITSM tools for managing
- 5 or more years in a leadership role that includes continuous improvement of IT process, infrastructure, and systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related information systems degree is preferred
- Financial sector experience is highly desirable
- Experience with iPHi CoreEnterprise is a plus
- Technically inquisitive by nature looking for how technology can solve business challenges
- Prefers to be both hands on in technical execution and involved in strategic IT leadership
- Adept at helping teams navigate technology changes at a pace that increases usability
- Demonstrated experience enhancing and increasing task automation while ensuring data integrity and data security were not compromised
- Ability to prioritize strategic initiatives while effectively managing day to day information technology needs.
The compensation range for this position has a midpoint of $175,000 per year total compensation
How to apply:
If you are as excited about this position as we are and you are ready to formally submit an application apply here or submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line VPIT- Minneapolis Foundation