CORPORATE CONTROLLER / HEAD OF ACCOUNTING POSITION OVERVIEW
This role will oversee the accounting function and the financial systems supporting the business with 3 direct reports and a full team of 10 individuals to provide accurate and timely financials for the business.
This position will interface closely with the Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis and will report directly to the CFO.
Key areas of responsibilities include:
• Contributes to the creation of the department vision and strategy.
• Recruiting, developing, and leading the accounting team.
• Directs all aspects of accounting operations – GL entries, receivables, payables, inventory, payroll, fixed assets, lease accounting, financial reporting, treasury, and tax.
• Establishes and maintains accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure all transactions are executed and recorded in accordance with GAAP.
• Prepares month-end financial reporting and analysis.
• Manages all aspects of cash flow, including payments to vendors, credits and collections and customer and vendor terms.
• Oversees the coordination of all audits with our audit partners.
• Maintains the primary accounting system and all third-party software supporting the accounting processes.
• Ensures risk management strategies are implemented and updated.
IDEAL PROFILE: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
• CPA is strongly preferred but not required.
• Progressive experience in accounting/controllership with a blend of both small/mid-sized and large company experience commensurate with an executive level role.
• Proven experience leading teams and departments.
• Public accounting experience is highly desirable but not required.
• Strong analytical prowess and organizational skills, a penchant for curiosity and the ability to build strong cross functional relationships within and outside the organization.
• Adept at both working strategically and digging deep into the details
COMPENSATION competitive compensation package including short term incentive, health and wealth benefits and employee discount.