Executive Assistant to the CFO and Project Coordinator- Temporary
Vice President (VP) of Finance & Administration and Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
8am-2pm-Monday-Friday (other additional hours may be needed, some flexibility preferred)
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic this is primarily a remote position with the possibility of occasional time in the office.
The mission of the Northwest Area Foundation (NWAF) is to support efforts by the
people, organizations, and communities of our eight-state region to reduce poverty and
achieve sustainable prosperity. The region includes Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota,
South Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, and 75 Native Nations.
All staff are expected to carry out the mission of the Foundation in a way that upholds
and demonstrates our Guiding Values:
Our Commitment To Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- Social Justice
- Grantees Come First
- Listen and Learn for Change
We have made an intentional commitment to advance DEI because sustainable
prosperity can’t be achieved without it. The policies and systems of our region don’t
work for our priority communities and, instead, create barriers to finding good jobs,
starting businesses, or building assets that might lead to prosperity. Too many people in
our priority communities live in crisis or a paycheck away from it. Our work on DEI is
an effort to change these realities.
Purpose/Timeline of the Position
This temporary position provides executive level support to the VP/CFO and acts as her
liaison to internal and external audiences and manages specific projects and plans of
work. The timeline for the position is June 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021. The training
period will be from June 1 to June 11, 2021.
Required Education and Experience
- Complete administrative tasks for VP/CFO, including calendar management; composing and preparing correspondence; prioritizing, organizing, and responding to emails as appropriate and scheduling and coordinating meetings.
- Manage projects and create a broad variety of documents and materials including PowerPoints.
- Coordinate with VP/CFO direct reports and others as needed when urgent items arise.
- Manage VP/CFO email messages while on planned 2-week vacation and ability to act on needed or time sensitive items.
- Anticipate needs and prioritize incoming issues, requests, and inquiries, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Consult with the VP/CFO in determining the appropriate course of action, referral, or response. Manage workflow independently and follow through to successful completion.
- Work closely with VP/CFO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and issues taking place.
- Facilitate clear communication and maintain credibility, trust and support between the VP/CFO and internal staff, and with external clients and partners.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree with at least 5+ years of administrative support experience.
- Able to prioritize multiple projects and work independently.
- Ability to excel within an environment that promotes racial justice.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple activities with attention to detail.
- Ability to proactively anticipate needs, make sound recommendations and propose alternative solutions, and take appropriate and timely action to address issues and resolve problems.
- Ability to maintain calm under pressure, maintain discretion in working with confidential information and demonstrates adaptability during times of change or ambiguity.
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Zoom.
Experience with BoardEffect system and Expensify system.
Equal Opportunity Employer
NWAF is an equal opportunity employer and all employees and applicants for employment
are afforded equal opportunity in every area of hiring and employment without regard to
race, color, ethnicity, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, age,
disability, mental illness, sexual harassment, sexual orientation, genetics, military/veteran
status, citizenship, arrest record, and any other legally protected characteristic.
Please note the recruiting and hiring process will be conducted by KP Companies. This
candidate who is placed in the position will be hired as a temporary employee with KP
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to be considered. You can apply by visiting the kpCompanies website (Position open until filled):
Go to -> https://kprecruiting.catsone.com/careers/28261-General/jobs/14246423-Executive-Assistant-to-the-CFO--Project-Coordinator-Temporary/