Position Profile: Associate Vice President of Customer Service (AVP) - UCare
kp prime search, the retained search division of kpCompanies is leading the search for the next Associate Vice President of Customer Service (AVP) for UCare. This is an exceptional opportunity to lead the call center at a nationally recognized health plan that is continuing to grow and evolve. Reporting to the Senior Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer, the AVP will provide the strategic and operational leadership to effectively guide the future direction of the call center in alignment with the mission and goals of UCare. The AVP will develop the vision and plan to continue the transformation the department into a customer-centric, high performing call center.
THE ORGANIZATION: UCare
As the longest serving Medicare Advantage plan and fourth-largest health plan in Minnesota, UCare holds a strong position in the marketplace. The non-profit is routinely recognized for its exceptional customer service and enabling clinical excellence of its participating partners. As a $3 billion health plan, UCare serves more than 550,000 members through its Medicare, Medicaid, and Individual and Family Plan offerings. UCare started as a demonstration project by the University of Minnesota Medical School in the 1980's and today has grown into one of the most recognized payors in the state.
The AVP will provide vision, strategic and operational direction for the customer service department.
This position has four (4) direct reports including: the Associated Director of Customer Service Delivery, and the Managers of Workforce Optimization, Customer Service Support Services and CS Project and Process Management.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide the leadership and vision to continue the transformation of the call center into a proactive partner that effectively supports UCare operations, as well as growth and branding strategies.
- Mentor, retain, recruit and develop high-performing customer service leaders and staff. Find ways to recognize excellence among staff and create a positive workplace environment with an engaged team. Ensure that the department has a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace environment.
- Evaluate and recommend opportunities for process and technological improvements to advance strategic goals such as member and provider experience, organizational efficiency, organizational reputation, and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in company-wide strategic planning activities, providing thought leadership from a call center and operational perspective as well as in broader organizational insight..
- Ensure alignment of the customer service department with ongoing business strategies including in the areas of customer experience, growth and innovation.
- Develop, monitor and communicate metrics and targets to measure call center effectiveness and efficiency. Identify areas of continual improvement and develop strategies to raise the bar on service delivery.
- Remain abreast of marketplace trends and emerging solutions related to call center service delivery models. Educate other leaders about those trends and requirements, and develop strategies based on those marketplace changes.
- Ensure optimal use of human and financial resources based on organizational and department priorities and investments. Prepare and submit operating budgets and track performance to budget, adjusting activities as necessary to meet budgetary expectations..
- Maintain effective and collaborative relationships with senior leaders, operational leaders, clinical leaders, and external partners/stakeholders.
- Engage, partner and hold vendors accountable to ensure UCare’s priorities, projects and service levels are being consistently delivered on time and on budget.
HOW TO APPLY
- Eight or more years of experience in call center leadership roles, including demonstrated success building and leading a high-performing call center
- Experience overseeing large, complex call centers
- Prior experience developing and implementing a customer service vision and strategy that aligns with the organizational vision and strategies
- Knowledge of call center best practices, platforms, and emerging trends
- Process improvement and project management experience preferred
- Demonstrated skills delivering best-in-class customer experience for highly diverse consumers with a diverse array of needs and preferences
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume, and salary expectations no later than 9:00pm on Wednesday, April 27, 2021
. You can apply in the following ways:
- Apply via email Joelle Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply on Linkedin at https://www.linkedin.com/talent/hire/472428730/job-post
All submissions received in strictest confidence. Both kpCompanies and UCare are equal opportunity employers.