In the role of the Benefits Specialist you are responsible for assisting with administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short - & long-term disability, and 401(k) plan.
- Provide project support in the areas of benefits, leaves, worker's compensation, reporting, and auditing.
- Prepare materials for new hire benefits orientations
- Ensures the transfer process between the benefits enrollment system and benefit vendors is accurate. Conducts audits related to benefit plan enrollment to ensure data integrity.
- Assists with the annual open enrollment process, coordinates employee meetings, assists in developing presentation materials and ensures enrollment elections are processed accurately.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Processes and coordinates support for all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: workers comp, medical, personal, parental, disability and FMLA.
- Assists in the administrative of FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Acts as liaison between employee and payroll department on leave of absence status and any ongoing updates.
- Maintains employee benefits filing systems and ensures benefit changes are entered accurately for payroll deduction.
- Assists with plan audits as necessary.
- Coordinates and communicates company wellness activities.
- Assists in the administration of the tuition reimbursement program.
- Assists with compliance efforts throughout the year including ACA and 401(k) reporting.
- Works with and provides back-up support to other department administrative assistants/coordinators.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient with UltiPro
Required Education & Experience
- Associates degree in HR or related field, but experience and/or other training/certification may be substituted for the education.
- Two years’ experience in HR and/or benefits administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field of study.