kp companies is leading the search for MacPhail Center for Music’s next Director of School Partnerships. Reporting to the President and COO, The Director of School Partnerships is responsible for the vision and direction of the School Partnership program. This leader will ensure expertise among faculty, inclusive curriculum, and a focus on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in music education. The Director works with other program leaders to set direction for MacPhail programming.
Permanent, Full Time
MacPhail Center for Music is one of the nation’s oldest and largest community-based music education non-profits.
From it’s inception in 1907, MacPhail Center for Music has grown to become a passionate organization at the forefront of music education and appreciation for the arts. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit, they pride themselves on being a community resource for music learning, events and community partnerships.
Serving more than 15,000 students across the state with over 104 different community partnership programs, MacPhail Center for Music has been an influential leader in music therapy, Suzuki Talent Education, Sing Play Learn with MacPhail® and community partnership programs.
This leader will foster and develop continued growth of the already established school partnerships program, implement new programming, increase partnerships and expand curriculum to reach more schools, communities, educators, and students in the state of Minnesota.
If you are committed to culturally inclusive music education, this position provides you with a unique opportunity to lead Minnesota education forward. You will be a highly impactful contributor to MacPhail Center for Music’s commitment to transforming lives and strengthening communities through music learning experiences that inspire.
MacPhail has developed a multifaceted project, Music for All, that will transform the way music education is delivered to K-12 students across the state. The Director of School Partnerships will play a critical role in bringing this program to life. Music for All will deliver diverse curricula while expanding music instruction to more Minnesotans than previously possible via remote learning, use of current music technology devices and platforms, and greater support for Black, Indigenous, and People Of Color (BIPOC) students and educators. This program brings culturally relevant programming informed by BIPOC staff and consultants toward becoming a primary resource in music education for schools throughout Minnesota.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategic Leadership –
As a passionate leader in music education, MacPhail aspires to be an even stronger resource in music education for schools throughout the entire state. The Director of school Partnerships will work internally and externally to continue building upon MacPhail’s reputation. This is a unique opportunity to work collaboratively in meeting the needs of public, private and charter K-12 schools providing culturally diverse curricula, expansion of remote learning technology and teacher learning experiences that inform their skills.
– This position actively manages, recruits, and develops staff and faculty including: six administrative team members the faculty team who continuously deliver expert education to school partners. The Director of School Partnerships will continuously monitor the needs of school partners and ensures MacPhail Center for Music is prepared to provide the level of music education support uniquely required by each organization.
Results Leadership -
The Director of School Partnerships will be accountable for the ongoing success of existing school relationships, the introduction of Music for All curriculum into existing and new partnerships, and the expansion of MacPhail’s School Partnership program to a broader group of schools across Minnesota.
- Provide leadership, artistic vision, and pedagogy direction for the School Partnership program
- Hire, train, evaluate and supervise faculty and department administrators
- Plan and design curriculum with faculty and school partners; approve curriculum for each partnership
- Respond to school inquiries representing MacPhail’s school partnership offering(s) as best to uniquely fit the needs in each school setting
- Create and maintain effective partner relationships, communications, and structures
- Prepare and monitor the department budget and payroll entries
- Assess viability of new partnerships with Online School Partnerships Manager
- Establish and evaluate programs; provide oversight of program implementation
- Represent the School Partnership program to the public in promotional, donor and advocacy settings
- Provide direction, input and oversee execution of SP grant proposals and reports including tracking data as required
- Select and oversee research consultants
- Collaboratively set MacPhail programming direction and vision as part of the Program Leadership Team
- Participate as a member of MacPhail’s Management Team
- Develop and grow relationships with Minnesota school leaders and music educators through regular presence at local and stateside gatherings
- Lead the Music for All project, coordinating the efforts of the GMI, EMRA, marketing, IT teams
- Manage relationships with key Music for All partners including UMN, UST, consultants, MMEA, Perpich Center for the Arts
- Recruitment faculty, school partners, and guest artists working closely with GMI and EMRA leadership
- Develop and implement teacher development program
- Create and lead curriculum development with the Pedagogical Advisory Committee (PAC)
- Develop and monitor Music for All project assessment and evaluation plan
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to ensure organization’s strategic DEI plan is integrated into the work of the School Partnerships department
The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge of the K - 12 education landscape as a music educator, experience driving successful partnership programs, experience developing curriculum, and a vision for music education success for students across Minnesota. Candidates with experience building culturally inclusive local artist and community relationships are strongly encouraged to apply.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music or Music Education or equivalent required.
- MN Teacher’s License and Master’s Degree preferred
- 2 or more years of program administration experience including: program growth, planning, organizing, coordination, oversight, and success measurement
- 3 or more years of related job experience
- 3 or more years of team leadership and supervisory experience
- Experience teaching music in a K-12 classroom setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of music and arts from a global and culturally responsive perspective
- Experience leading remote teams
- Inclusive partnering approach with experience both developing new and expanding existing partnerships
- Collaborative leadership style comfortable working within ambiguity as needs evolve
- Comfortable navigating and maintaining diverse set of partnerships to achieve common objectives
- Curriculum design and development leadership
- Ability to prioritize strategic initiatives while effectively managing day to day program needs
How to apply:
If you are as excited about this position as we are and you are ready to formally submit an application apply here or submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line Director of School Partnerships – MCM in the subject line
We will discuss compensation up front with any applicants who we meet by telephone.