kp prime search, the retained search division of kpCompanies is leading the search for a confident, resilient, tenacious, strategic & visionary leader with a track record of successful Human Resource functional management. This position helps ensure that the managers, faculty, and staff of Summit Academy OIC have the resources and support each need to achieve the organization’s mission now and in the future. The Director of Human Resources reports to the CEO and in the future will have one direct report.
THE ORGANIZATION: Summit Academy OIC
Summit’s mission is to empower individuals to develop their ability to thrive and to become contributing citizens in their communities, as well as economic drivers of the State of Minnesota.
Located in the Heritage Park neighborhood of North Minneapolis, Summit Academy OIC is an accredited, nonprofit Career and Technical Education (CTE) Institute located in North Minneapolis.
Summit offers specializations and industry certifications for in-demand careers in Information Technology (IT), Construction and Medical Administrative Assistant through 20-week accredited programs, delivering academic rigor alongside marketable skills and connections to employers. Summit’s workforce-driven model also offers accelerated 10-week GED training. The work at Summit Academy is done at NO CHARGE to its Students. Students enroll at Summit Academy each year from across the seven-county metropolitan area.
“The Best Social Service Program in the World is a Job” -Louis King
The Director of Human Resources is a highly autonomous Human Resources leadership position in a complex, high-growth non-profit organization. The Director of Human Resources aligns with the executive leadership team to continue to position summit for excellent employee service, proactive organizational readiness, talent development, and compliance. This is a position where strategy meets execution. You will have the opportunity to assess the needs of the organization, make recommendations for improvement, and implement new initiatives. You will be accountable for all daily HR operations ensuring compliance reporting, hiring, new hire experience, and training are conducted with a high level of urgency and accuracy.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, organizes, executes, and oversees all aspects of the Human Resources function including recruiting and retention; recognition; organizational development; employee training and development; employee relations and communications; performance management; salary benchmarking; benefits management and administration; and compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Works directly with employees, leadership, and board members (if applicable) on employee relations related activities impacting the success of Summit Academy and its students
- Leads or supports regulatory compliance data gathering and reporting including but not limited to (AAP, EEO, IPED)
- Provides high level of internal support and service to all members of the Summit Team.
- Responsible for talent development strategy which may include creating or selecting training both for companywide development and employee learning
- Partners with organizational leaders on the optimal staffing model, evolves and executes the talent strategy and workforce planning approach to ensure high-quality talent acquisition, onboarding, and retention.
- Gives subject matter expertise and project leadership to Operations Committee, HR Committee, Executive Committee and Board of Directors on human resources issues.
- Provides leadership and advocacy for all Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives within Summit Academy and the communities it serves
- Acts as an internal champion and advocate for Summit’s mission, vision, and values
- Prepares the budget for human resources programs and functions.
- Plays a key role in the organization’s internal communication approach and alignment.
- Ensure the development and execution of an effective performance review process.
- Leads the total rewards strategy and administration to ensure benefit and compensation philosophies meet the needs of the organization; accountable for oversight of benefit compliance activities; accountable for managing the relationship with benefit providers and brokers.
- Conducts wage surveys within relevant labor markets to determine competitive wage rates.
- May alternate as Chair of the Campus Safety and Security Committee, and Deputy Director for Title IX
- Investigates workplace-related incidents and ensures appropriate actions are taken.
- Accountable for the effective use of tools and systems to drive efficiency and data accuracy within the HR function.
- Continuously improve the programs, policies, practices, and processes associated with all areas of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5 or more years of progressive HR leadership experience working a diverse, multi-faceted HR Role
- Experience working in Education or non-profit preferred
- Demonstrated supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Experience working with HRIS systems – ADP Workforce Now and/or Bamboo HR experience is a plus.
- PHR, SPHR or SHRM-CP Certification preferred
TRAITS, SKILLS, & ABILITIES IMPORTANT TO YOUR WORK:
- Knowledge of all applicable labor laws and regulations; ability to maintain knowledge of regulations
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute both strategic and tactical plans
- Forward-thinking leader with the ability to foresee needs and work to create HR vision across the organization
- Strong process orientation and ability to organize and manage multiple priorities successfully.
- Ability to provide vision and leadership and demonstrated effectiveness in attaining results through others.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with across all functions
- Commitment to the mission and values of Summit Academy OIC.
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply here or via email. Email submissions should include a cover letter and can be sent to email@example.com
with the subject Summit Academy HRD
All submissions shall be received in the strictest confidence. Both kpCompanies and SAOIC are equal opportunity employers. Contact Terra Carbert for questions at firstname.lastname@example.org