Are you an Executive Assistant known for your ability to keep things running smoothly? Do you want to bring your expertise to a mission driven organization with global impact? Do you thrive in an environment where no two days are the same and you have a wide variety of responsibilities? Is planning, organizing, and keeping track of all your team needs to accomplish and achieve goals a strength you bring to the teams you support? Do you want to bring your expertise to a welcoming workplace where you are inspired to learn, create, and excel through strong relationships with your team, your partners, and your community? If this sounds like you, keep reading!
kp prime search, the retained search division of kpCompanies is leading the search for an Executive Assistant to join Margaret A Cargill Philanthropies as their next administrative team member supporting the programs team.
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
THE ORGANIZATION: Margaret A. Cargill Philanthropies (MACP)
Margaret A. Cargill Philanthropies refers collectively to two grantmaking entities, Margaret A. Cargill Foundation (MACF) and Anne Ray Foundation (ARF). The two foundations have separate boards and investment portfolios but share a common mission of supporting efforts to enhance quality of life and prevent and relieve suffering of children, families, and seniors; preserve and promote the environment and the arts; and encourage the humane treatment of animals. In 2019, our national and international grantmaking efforts consisted of 498 grants totaling more than $240M. We are proud to offer a welcoming workplace that supports our employees’ careers, health, and overall wellbeing. We supplement that environment with activities throughout the year that promote collaboration, learning, and fun.
As the Executive Assistant, you will support the Vice President, Programs, and Director Program, Operations. In this position, you will work in a mission-driven, results-oriented, highly collaborative and community-focused environment. To thrive in this position you will lean on your ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, using strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and your ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. You will gain a working knowledge of MACP’s processes and systems to understand how to organize and prioritize the information for different audiences.
You will work independently and sometimes will work under pressure to handle a wide variety of activities. The ability to handle this information with discretion is a critical aspect of your work because you will have access and exposure to a wide variety of information, often confidential and sensitive in nature and will work with senior leaders and their support staff. Your work will include projects that are developmental in nature, sometimes with multiple inputs and initial ambiguity as they unfold.
This position reports to the Vice President, Programs and is a member of the Program Operations team and the Administrative Support Team.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage calendars for Vice President, Programs and Director, Program Operations, keeping them up to date frequently about upcoming appointments, commitments and conflicts, and monitoring of calendar to keep days running smoothly
- Plan, prepare, coordinate and document all necessary details and materials for: executive meetings, presentations, travel, expense tracking and reimbursement, program-related vendor invoice payments and approvals
- Anticipate departmental needs and respond expeditiously, proactively, with the utmost accuracy, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Provide Vice President, Programs and Director, Program Operations with proactive communication ensuring visibility to critical deadlines, thorough meeting preparation, scheduling preferences, prioritization of projects, accuracy of written materials and meeting details
- Arrange complex and detailed domestic and international travel plans, itineraries, and agendas
- Maintain documents on SharePoint sites including ensuring accuracy of information, effectively organized, coded properly, and current and easily accessible to those who are authorized to review them
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 5 or more years of experience supporting C-Level Executives preferably in a non-profit
organization or an equivalent combination of experience and training
- Advanced knowledge of following software platforms: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with managing complex travel arrangements, including international travel
TRAITS, SKILLS, & ABILITIES IMPORTANT TO YOUR WORK:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working in a non-profit organization
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint and CRM software
- Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with complete discretion
- Skilled at anticipating needs and being proactive and creative to address those needs
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and others
- Highly resourceful team-player able to work collaboratively, with the ability to also be effective independently
- Adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate a high level of customer service and response
- Ability to work in an environment of rapid change with evolving systems, processes and policies.
MACP is partnering with KP Companies in this search. Applications including a cover letter
, addressed to the MACP hiring team, describing your interest that includes a short statement about why you're interested in this position, your experience that would allow you to thrive in this organizational culture, your resume, and where you learned of the position should be sent to: email@example.com
Please include MACP – Executive Assistant in the subject line.
Margaret A. Cargill Philanthropies is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all identities, experiences, orientations, and communities to apply.
This position provides a salary in the range of 68-78,000 and an extremely comprehensive suite of benefits.