THE ORGANIZATION: THE CENTER FOR ECONOMIC INCLUSION
The Center for Economic Inclusion is a cross-sector organization committed to strengthening the Minneapolis - St. Paul region’s civic infrastructure and collective capacity to disrupt systems and influence market forces to catalyze shared prosperity and advance an inclusive economy. We define our vision by the extent to which people of color have achieved or surpassed parity with whites in employment, income and wealth, and the Minneapolis-St. Paul regional economy is growing. Our strategies support leaders and institutions in connecting data to action in pursuit of these three strategic objectives. The Center for Economic Inclusion is an Equal Opportunity employer. We offer an inclusive, engaging, dynamic, and rewarding workplace; a competitive total compensation package; and an opportunity to contribute to one of the most meaningful issues of our regions’ future.
The Vice President of External Affairs leads our efforts to build a racially equitable and inclusive economy, by ensuring the Center has strategic, effective communications, storytelling, marketing, and brand management and fund development. The Vice President will oversee and develop the Center’s brand, strategic media & messaging, marketing tools, and communications capacity, promoting the Center’s founder & CEO, executives, and team members as influencers and thought leaders, and its’ policies, tools, and resources as best-in-class, meaningful products, and services for our customers and stakeholders. Ultimately, the Vice President will elevate the Center’s profile and attract new partners, customers, investors, and allies to our work at a pivotal and exciting time in our growth.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Oversee the consistent and effective use of the Center’s brand internally, externally, and with partners to fulfill our mission and strengthen the understanding of economic inclusion and inclusive growth regionally and nationally
· Drive revenue generation opportunities for the organization.
· Lead, supervise and equip external affairs team members and foster an environment that aligns with the Center’s values and performance imperatives
· Lead the development and implementation of a compelling, racially responsive inclusive growth marketing plan
· Develop co-branded events and communications opportunities with peer organizations throughout the region and nation and coordinate closely with various organizations to achieve shared results.
· Oversee all media engagement, outreach, and relationships ensuring relevant placement and coverage.
· Serve as an ambassador and spokesperson for the organization, building and sustaining mutually beneficial external relationships
· Identify and leverage opportunities to elevate racially equitable, inclusive growth narrative
· Establish and manage department budget in partnership with Vice President of Finance & Operations
· Bachelors and/or Masters’ degree in journalism, communications or related field, or equivalent experience.
· Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in journalism, media relations, public relations, marketing and/or communications leadership
· Experienced media engagement, writing and editing skills required, preferably involving public policy, neighborhood development, or racial equity
· Experience creating multi-media projects for storytelling using video, community engagement, social media, blogging, and other tools for narrative change
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; exceptional proofing and editing skills.
· Experience leading and managing high functioning teams
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Demonstrated racial equity and inclusion competencies
· Influential, articulate, and accomplished communicator with the ability to communicate with clarity, urgency, and power to diverse internal and external audiences including board and staff members, communities of color, business, policymakers, philanthropic investors, and social sector leaders.
· Ability to manage both strategic and tactical responsibilities, complete complex tasks, and deliver on a timely basis
· Strong organizational and project management skills
· Demonstrated event marketing and media relations experience
· Must thrive in a high-paced, multi-faceted environment and be eager to contribute to a growing and evolving organization.
· High emotional intelligence and the ability to inspire trust and confidence
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations on our website (https://kpcompanies.com/open-positions/)
and/or email to Miquel@kpcompanies.com.
All submissions shall be received in the strictest confidence. Both kpCompanies and the Center for Economic Inclusion are equal opportunity employers.