Director of Asset Management
Companies is leading the search for an experienced Director of Asset Management. This position, for the Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board (MPRB), is responsible for leading, directing, and coordinating MPRB fleet management, MPRB trades’ shops, rehabilitation projects across the park system, and the delivery of maintenance services for all MPRB neighborhood and regional parks and park assets.
The Organization: Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board (MPRB)
The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) is one of the premier park systems in the United States. Its picturesque lakes, neighborhood parks, recreation centers and diversified programming have made the park system an important component of what makes Minneapolis a great place to live, play and work!
The MPRB is one of five Minnesota park agencies and one of 144 agencies in the United States that is accredited by the Commission for Accreditation of Park and Recreation Agencies (CAPRA), is a 2016 NRPA Gold Medal Finalist, and has been recognized four years in a row by the Trust for Public Land in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 as the #1 Urban Park System in the USA.
The MPRB exists to provide places and recreation opportunities for all people to gather, celebrate, contemplate and engage in activities that promote health, well-being, community and the environment. It will permanently preserve, protect, maintain, improve and enhance its natural resources, parkland and recreational opportunities for current and future generations
The Director of Asset Management oversees the Asset Management Department for the MPRB, utilizing best practices for support and delivery of services within budgeted resources. The role has 6 direct reports and downline responsibility for 200+ full-time and seasonal employees. This is a full-time, appointed and exempt position reporting to the Assistant Superintendent for Environmental Stewardship. Work is conducted primarily in an office setting. It also involves traveling to and from various sites and frequent attendance at meetings, including many that may be conducted during the evening or on weekends, and irregular hours as necessary to meet deadlines and achieve objectives.
- Overall management and strategic leadership of the department to fully support the current and future needs of the MPRB, the Park Board’s mission and in compliance with all regulatory bodies.
- Create and oversee preventative maintenance and maintenance programs, seasonal operations practices, trade services protocols and management of the MPRB fleet, utilizing industry best practices; meeting all federal, state and local regulations.
- Development and implementation of a strategic equipment operating and replacement plan to provide for long term financial sustainability of the Equipment Fund.
- Oversee prioritization and completion of rehabilitation projects across the park system and associated asset inventories and assessments, and public notification of project schedules, project bidding and awards, and construction oversight and completion.
- Prepare and administer the department’s budget, which include performance goals, expenses and revenues; perform cost control activities; monitor revenue and expenditures to assure sound fiscal control; and assure effective and efficient use of budgeted funds, personnel, materials, and facilities.
- Hire, train, supervise, evaluate, develop and discipline subordinate employees for development of a professional and support staff with a high degree of competence and sound judgment.
- Builds a collaborative environment, working across department lines and forming partnerships that foster better citizen services, eliminating barriers to achieving results, building alliances with key decision makers, encouraging staff to perform to the best and taking full advantage of available resources.
- Develop, recommend, and communicate official plans, policies and procedures that enhance and improve services to staff, elected officials, and the general public.
- Implement services and programs that result in equitable distribution of resources across the MPRB system of parks.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Business Administration, Park and Recreation, Facility management, or a closely related field. (Master’s degree preferred; equivalent work experience considered).
Ways to Apply – DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 5, 2019
- An equivalent combination of related experience, education and training may be considered.
- Increasingly responsible experience in park operations and/or public works: at least eight years.
- Experience in leadership, management, and administration: at least five years
- Increasingly responsible experience supervising others: at least six years
- Experience supervising unionized employees: at least five years
- CPRP (preferred)
1. Apply by email
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume, and salary expectations no later than 6:00pm on Thursday, September 5, 2019 to email@example.com
or using the link below.
2. Apply at kpCompanies.com
3: Through Linkedin:
4. Apply by mail
Mail to: Director of Asset Management Search,
5775 Wayzata Blvd, Suite 700,
St. Louis Park, MN 55416.
All submissions shall be received in strictest confidence. Both kpCompanies and MPRB are equal opportunity employers.