kp prime search, the retained search division of kp
Human Resources Director
Companies is leading the search for an experienced Human Resources Director. This position directs the Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy’s (PPC) human resources operations, including the design and implementation of strategic human resources initiatives for the delivery of comprehensive human resource services and support for the PPC.
The Organization: Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy (PPC)
The Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy is dedicated to Improving quality of life for the people of Pittsburgh by restoring the park system to excellence in partnership with government and the community. Projects and programs are conducted with respect for the environment, historic design, and the needs of our diverse region.
The Position: Human Resources Director
The position will develop and implement new systems and best practices to improve and streamline human resources work processes that are integrated and coordinated across the organization. The HR Director will design and deliver strategic HR initiatives that engage PPC employees, support a high-performance culture and are in alignment with the overall direction of the organization. This position will handle personnel issues with highest degree of professionalism, demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service, and remain current in industry best practices and apply knowledge to best serve the PPC.
- Design and implement strategic HR initiatives.
- Assess and implement organizational development in a deliberately planned, organization-wide effort to increase the organization's effectiveness and efficiency through use of best practices that fully support the current and future needs of the PPC.
- Thoughtfully organize and creatively administer the functions of current and long-range human resources efforts.
- Negotiate labor contracts and maintain positive labor relations.
- Understand and appropriately communicate and ensure adherence to PPC policies and procedures, employment laws, and bargaining unit contracts.
- Negotiate and meet deadlines and prioritize issues, identifying which issues require immediate attention and taking effective and appropriate action based on that determination.
- Set appropriate priorities while coordinating multiple projects and meeting critical deadlines.
- Solve problems and effectively handle critical, controversial, confidential, and/or sensitive policy matters.
- Critically analyze operations, collaboratively design and institute improvements without disruption of existing operations.
- Provide leadership and support toward the successful and effective performance of staff.
- Provide both oral and written communication that is easily understood and direct in its content and listen effectively to thoroughly understand the intended message.
- Establish and maintain effective, respectful and productive working relationships.
- Negotiate effective and appropriate solutions to difficult conflicts.
- Show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Handle personnel issues with highest degree of professionalism, including maintaining appropriate levels of confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Human Resources, or closely related field. (Master’s Degree preferred)
How to Apply – DEADLINE FEBRUARY 22nd
- Increasingly responsible experience in human resources: at least five years
- Organizational development experience including performance improvement and change management: five years.
- Exposure to labor relations and contract negotiations: at least two years
- Increasingly responsible experience in leadership, management, and administration: at least five years
- Experience supervising others: at least five years
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume, and salary expectations no later than 6:00pm on February 22, 2019 to email@example.com
or using the link below.
Apply to this job at:
Through LinkedIn at:
Submit information to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
, or by mail at: Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy, c/o kp
companies, 5775 Wayzata Blvd, Suite 700, St. Louis Park, MN 55416. All submissions shall be received in strictest confidence. Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer.