Salesforce.com Programmer Analyst (up to $85K + 6% bonus) – Strong Salesforce.comanalyst who has both functional and technical knowledge with experience in system administration
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
POSITION: Business Systems Analyst, Salesforce.com
CLASSIFICATION: Regular Full-Time, Salaried Exempt
Interprets systems specifications to develop, maintain and support automated CRM business processes and systems. Creates and implements systems solution to meet user requirements. Maintains the resulting system and acts as the primary communication point by users concerning any future systems changes, updates or reporting needs.
- Lead user requirement sessions and analyze user requirements, formulate use cases, and design and implement solutions to address changing business needs
- Maintain a holistic view of all business processes and users in the system to understand cross-functional impacts with regard to configuration, process, workflow and reporting
- Design, document, build, test and deploy enhancements to custom objects, page layouts, workflows, alerts, reports and complex dashboards within system
- Future enhancements: Research changes in upcoming versions of system and other integrated applications; provide recommendations when necessary to enhance efficiency and productivity
- Ability to design, code, test, debug, package and deploy quality, scalable and well documented solutions on the system platform. Review code for future enhancements
- Ability to design and develop integrations between applications and systems (drop box, LinkedIn, etc.)
Project Management/Other (10%)
- Establish and implement best practices with regards to system maintenance, configuration, development, testing, data integrity, backups, etc.
- Manage projects from concept to completion and special projects as assigned.
- Create training materials, user and admin documentation and enhance these materials as business needs evolve
- Responsible to increase user adoption and ensure user satisfaction, including developing, documenting and delivering training
- Provide day-to-day end-user support (including system configuration, complex formulas and system maintenance) and assist users with proactive best practices to enhance and increase their knowledge of system
- Maintain security: user roles and profiles, security settings, access settings etc. (User Profiles, Role Hierarchy, Sharing Rules and Security)
- Create and maintain documentation on application code, use and flow
- Data management: Perform data integrity and manipulation tasks such as merging duplicate records and establishing proper ownership of existing accounts and contacts in accordance with sales territories
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Implement the data sharing model for the organization
- Implement the Role/ Hierarchy model in the system
- Build the relevant screens and pick lists
- Configure the application including Reports, Dashboards, List Views
- Set up workflows and templates
- Unit Test the Application configuration
- Produce User Acceptance Test Scripts
- Documentation Management
- Report changes
- Dashboard changes
- Users – adding, activating, de-activating, transferring
- User data management – adding, deleting, transferring
- Impact analysis regarding change management
- Data Load (support)
Critical Skills & Attributes
- Adaptability: ability to work with individuals of varying levels and roles within the organization, to be flexible with changing priorities, and to be comfortable working with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment. Often asked to research solutions to operational problems which have never been encountered before. Must be comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous work situations.
- Capacity: ability to quickly understand how long things take to do, and to effectively organize and prioritize tasks with the assistance of team members. Ability to effectively communicate time and resource conflicts. Ability to manage heavy workloads and projects, many on a time-sensitive basis, while still maintaining accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Good judgment: Often presented with obstacles for which the next course of action is unclear. Should be naturally cautious and feel comfortable seeking out guidance and direction if they are unsure of how to proceed.
- Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application/operational requirements.
- Strong interpersonal relations, written & verbal communication/presentation skills ;
- Organizational and project management skills
- Ability to develop and maintain business and technical documentation
- Competent in handling multiple tasks with attention to detail, and perform duties with minimal supervision
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of experience as Salesforce Administrator/ Developer with technical implementation, day-to-day operations, and long term maintenance
- APEX programming skills preferred
- Working knowledge and/or familiarity with SAP desirable.
- Salesforce.com Administrator certification highly desirable.
- Prior experience working in complex global business environment preferred